Malaeola is a vibrant place. We come together as a community once a month for Mass and all the 25 Samoan Communities take part in the Mass celebration. We then have meetings for various groups thereafter. If you are in the area, stop by and worship with us.
Not only do we exercise our faith, we also get together for social gatherings where everyone is welcome to join. Even though we have 25 Samoan communities within our Chaplaincy, our doors are always open and we welcome everyone to partake in our activities.
The game of “Housie” (similar to “Bingo”) is played here every Wednesday night from 7-9pm.
Here are some of what we do:-
- Mass (in Samoan) – first Sunday of every month at 10am
- Every second month we have adoration on Friday nights from 6pm-10pm
- Youth seminars (often open to everyone) first Saturday of every second month
- Sunday Schools
- Youth Gatherings
- Good Friday – veneration of the Cross
- Mothers’ Day social dance (May)
- Fathers’ Day social dance (September)
- Elderly’s Day (September)
- New Year’s Eve Mass